2021 National Convention
August 27 – September 2, 2021
The annual National Convention is the governing body of The American Legion. Each of the Legion’s 55 departments – the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, France, Mexico and Philippines – is entitled to a minimum of five voting delegates to the national convention. A department is granted one extra delegate, a member in good standing, for each 1,000 members (or major fraction thereof) 30 days before the convention.
Delegates and Alternates for the Department of Iowa are selected at the Spring District Conferences and ratified at the annual Department Convention. If you are interested in attending the National Convention, please contact your District Commander. If you are not elected as a Delegate or Alternate at the Spring District Conference, you may still attend the Natioanl Convention as a Guest.
Registration for Delegates, Alternates, and Guests to the National Convention is $25. Registration forms are available at District Spring Conferences or can be downloaded below.
All room reservations must be made through The American Legion, Department of Iowa. Forms are available at District Spring Conferences or can be downloaded below.
Forms and Instructions
- General Information (PDF)
- Form Instructions (PDF)
- Form 1 TAL (PDF)
- American Legion Delegate/Alternate/Guest Registration
- Sons of The American Legion Delegate/Alternate/Guest Registration
- Iowa Party Tickets
- National Commander’s Banquet Tickets
- Hotel Reservations
- Form 2 ALA (PDF)
- Auxiliary Delegate/Alternate/Guest Registration
- Auxiliary Woman of the Year Luncheon Tickets
- States Dinner Tickets
- Parade Shirt Order Form (PDF)
- Phoenix Convention Center Floorplans (PDF)
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix Floorplans (PDF)
- Department of Iowa Hotel
- Auxiliary National Headquarters Hotel
- Sheraton Phoenix Floorplans (PDF)
- American Legion National Headquarters Hotel
- Phoenix Hotel Map (PDF)
Additional resources may be found at: