Membership Clerk / Administrative Assistant Position Summary
The American Legion of Iowa seeks a Membership Clerk/Administrative Assistant to process and maintain the membership records of the organization and perform various administrative duties. The qualified candidate will have strong quantitative and interpersonal skills, as well as proficiency in office software programs.
We are looking for a team player with a keen interest in building successful relationships with our American Legion Posts, members, and organizational leadership. A willingness to learn and the ability to adapt are essential. Experience with non-profits or associations is preferred but not necessary.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Process membership transmittals from American Legion posts in Iowa and maintain membership records, reports, awards and correspondence.
- Assist with correspondence and scheduling for the Department (state) Commander.
- Assist with event planning and administration for statewide conventions and conferences.
- Maintain organizational lists of commissions, committees, and officers.
- Maintain meeting records and minutes for Department Executive Committee (board of directors).
- Maintain meeting records and minutes for The American Legion of Iowa Foundation.
- Answer phones, distribute mail, receive and answer correspondence, receive visitors, and assist with mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications can be found below.
Applications and resumes may be submitted to Department Adjutant John Derner at firstname.lastname@example.org