This opening is closed
Newsletter Editor Position Open – Volunteer
Applicants are sought for the position of editor of the American Legion Department of Iowa electronic newsletter. This is a volunteer position requiring a person that is knowledgeable in the policies and programs of The American Legion.
Mission and Purpose
The American Legion Department of Iowa electronic newsletter provides timely information to the Legion family about events in or concerning The American Legion and veterans in Iowa. The primary focus is a “Call to Action” for the Legion family regarding future events and program deadlines.
Results of Department contests and elections will be reported as will other significant Department events. The newsletter will be published on the 1st and 16th of each month with special issues as required. Items may be submitted for potential publication by email at email@example.com. Final decisions on publication will be made by the Department Adjutant and newsletter editor.
- Write, edit and publish regular issues of the Department of Iowa Electronic Newsletter on the 1st and 16th of each month
- Write, edit and publish special issues of the Newsletter as required
- Interact with Department leadership and staff regularly to select topics for publication
- Primary thrust of the newsletter should be a “Call to Action” through programs at all levels.
Secondary thrust is education on topics of interest and need to the organization and announcement of Department program results.
- Demonstrated expertise with electronic communication using text and graphics, i.e. newsletters, fliers, etc. (Submit one or two examples of previous work)
- Demonstrate knowledge of American Legion through graduation from American Legion Basic Training (if eligible) and attendance at District and Department meetings.
- Membership in American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary or Sons of the American Legion required
Available for daytime conference calls with staff and sufficient flexibility to prepare special issues on short notice.