Aspen Dental Day of Service
- WHAT: Aspen Dental is offering free dental care for local veterans as part of its Healthy Mouth Movement
- WHEN: Saturday, June 8, 9 am – 3 pm
- WHO: Local veterans & Aspen Dental dentists and team members
- WHERE: Aspen Dental
- Des Moines, IA (SE 14th St)
- West Des Moines, IA
- Fort Dodge, IA
- Ames, IA
- Ankeny, IA
- WHY: Achieving oral health is especially challenging for the majority of U.S. veterans as they are not eligible for dental benefits through the Veterans Administration unless they are 100 percent disabled, have a service-related mouth injury or were a prisoner of war. Day of Service is all about thanking veterans for their service in the best way that we at Aspen Dental know how and helping to empower them with the gift of a healthier mouth. This year, we expect to give free dental care to approximately 5,000 on that one special day.
Since launching the Healthy Mouth Movement in 2014, dentists and their teams from Aspen Dental-branded offices across the country have donated more than $15 million in dentistry to over 22,000 veterans and people in need through their volunteer efforts.
Aspen Dental will also look to build on the success of last year’s Day of Service campaign, in which more than 4,300 veterans across the country received free dental care at 426 participating Aspen Dental locations.
About the Healthy Mouth Movement
The Healthy Mouth Movement is a community giving initiative launched by Aspen Dental in 2014 to deliver free dental care and oral health education to people in need across the United States. Since then, nearly 10,000 Aspen Dental team members volunteered their time and talents to deliver more than $10 million in free dental care to over 17,000 patients in need. For more information, visit www.HealthyMouthMovement.com.